Vodafone implemented A/B testing to its landing page of website. The testing was focused on optimizing Web Vitals. There was 8% more sale as a result just by improving 31% in LCP (Web Vitals). Their leads to visit rate improved to 15%. Their cart to visit rate improved to 11%.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa operating fixed and mobile networks in 21 countries and partnering with mobile networks in 48 more.
The Overall business result
|Improvement in LCP||31%|
|Increase in total sale||+8%|
|Increase in the lead to visit rate||+15%|
|Increase in the cart to visit rate||+11%|
A/B Testing is also known as spilt testing. In this process two versions of any webpage, email, or other marketing asset are tested. Then the difference in performance is measured in terms of various metrics like traffic, clicks, or conversions. The version which performs better is selected for future implementation.
SEO Done by Vodafone
Vodafone made the following changes on the optimized page (version A).
- Server-side rendered critical HTML.
- Optimized images, including resizing the hero image, optimizing SVG images, using media queries to avoid loading images that weren’t yet visible in the viewport, and optimizing PNG images.
The core web vitals consist of three parameters.
- Loading: The Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) measures loading performance. To provide a good user experience, LCP should occur within 2.5 seconds of when the page first starts loading.
- Interactivity: First Input Delay (FID) measures interactivity. To provide a good user experience, pages should have a FID of less than 100 milliseconds.
- Visual stability: Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): measures visual stability. To provide a good user experience, pages should maintain a CLS of less than 0.1.
Vodafone optimized page version A for web vitals metric i.e.Largest Contentful Paint (LCP). They compared page version A with unoptimized page version B. The optimized page resulted in increment of +8% sales.
About The Author
Vikas Yadav is a writer to Bloggers Maker. He is also founder of bloggersmaker.com. He has vast experience in SEO of more than ten years in various niches i.e. Education, Pharmacy, Realty, Airline, Gifts, Data Recovery, Mobile Application Development and News.