In November 2020 google provided information regarding page experience updates that it will go live in 2021. We at bloggersmaker.com also published an article on google page experience on November 12, 2020. Now google brings more update regarding page experience update.
- Google roll out the update in mid-June 2021.
- Various factors included in the update.
- Search console provides page experience report.
- Support for signed exchanges for all content on Google Search.
Google roll out the update in mid-June 2021
Google is going to roll out the update in mid-June 2021. After that page experience will become a part of ranking system. The update will slowly play its role fully till end of August 2021. The page experience update is designed to highlight quality content web pages in google ranking.
The visitors will get quality information while searching on google. As it will be a gradual update google will monitor for any unexpected or unintended issues. Google is providing helpful guidance to site owners and publishers to improve page experience for their users.
Various factors included in the update
The page experience update will consider following several page experience signals.
Core Web Vitals metrics
- Visual stability(CLS)
Inclusion of News Content in Top Stories Carousel
- Any news content which meets google news policies is valid.
- No AMP format is required for inclusion.
- Any page, irrespective of its Core Web Vitals score or page experience status, will be eligible to appear in the Top Stories carousel.
- The similar updates will be applicable to the Google News app. The users around the world will get a comprehensive view of the important news of the day.
- Google will not show any AMP badge icon to indicate AMP Content.
Search console provides page experience report
Google introduces page experience report to google search console which includes following parameters.
- Existing Core Web Vitals
- HTTPS security
- absence of intrusive interstitials
- safe browsing status
- mobile friendliness
The Page Experience report also provides following valuable metrics.
- The percentage of URLs with good page experience.
- The search impressions over time.
Support for signed exchanges for all content on Google Search
- Google also announced the general availability of signed exchanges (SXG) on Google Search for all web pages.
- The use of SXG is not a requirement for page experience benefits, and you can consider the technology as one of the options for improving your page experience.
About The Author
Vikas Yadav is a writer to Bloggers Maker. He is also founder of bloggersmaker.com. He has vast experience in SEO of more than ten years in various niches i.e. Education, Pharmacy, Realty, Airline, Gifts, Data Recovery, Mobile Application Development and News.